Preparing for Back to School

Well, these past days I have been preparing for the kiddos to return to school.  It's been a challenge since funds are very limited.  Today, I had a little over $370 to work with.  With that I needed to fill up the car, buy uniform shirts for Kiddo2, buy clothes for Kiddo1 and buy groceries including lunch items for next week. Here is the breakdown:

$61 for gas
$48 for Kiddo2's school uniform shirts
$99 for Kiddo1's  clothes
$120 for groceries
$36 for lunch (back to school lunch)
$9 breakfast

Total $373

Going out to lunch was not necessary. We had been out all day and the lunch ended up being a good way to enjoy a lunch out together before school starts. I'm happy I was able to  do all I needed to with what I had.

I'm thankful to have made some sales on Ebay and with that will be getting Kiddo1 a book bag, Kiddo2 some shorts for school and Kiddo1 a pair of shoes.

I need to empty our "back to school" jar.  Whatever is in it will go to any lingering school expenses :)

I'm going to be listing through the weekend.  To be "cash only" 100% of the time is our goal.  Its hard but we have come so far already.  I just need to keep my eye on the prize - DEBT FREEDOM!

Comments

Jolie said…
It certainly adds up quickly. It's nice you had a lunch together. The boys and I do that usually too as our time together gets short during the school year. Good luck on the first day!

Popular posts from this blog

Life, Dad update and America 2021

The Ups and Downs of 2020

Life changes due to the Corona Virus pandemic