This year, Mr. Man and I are being very optimistic. Our thinking has always been to reduce debt. We are now seeing progress where the numbers are concerned. I have upped my student loan payments (which up until now has not been included in our total debt), we will soon eliminate another credit card payment and my focus on additional income is so much better. I have been really trying to create a personal balance in my life and I've seen that translate into our financial lives. So simple yet took this long to finally "get it". I'm considering adding an additional page with daily spending. A little more accountability never hurts.
On a totally unrelated note, this cold weather has been awesome! Yesterday, Dad invited me to lunch and we stopped in at a little Mexican place. The "caldo" or soup was heavenly.
Today, I will be working on listing on Ebay. I have a mountain of medical debt that needs to be chipped away at so hopefully I'll make a few sales to help a little.
Hoping to catch up on some blogs later and as always organize, organize, organize. Have a wonderful day :)
Wednesday, January 29, 2014
Monday, January 6, 2014
Last day of winter break...letting the kiddos sleep in. It's cold today, at least for these parts it is. Currently 36F. I know our temps are nothing compared to what some of ya'll are dealing with right now. Hope everyone stays warm. Mr. Man had a bout of food poisoning this weekend and he was feeling awful. My sister took Dad on a weekend trip to the casino. I was able to have a lazy Sunday versus going to work at the fleamarket with Dad. Was a nice change of pace. Currently, I have a pot of 15 bean soup on the stove so we can take Dad some lunch. I also made some cinnamon oatmeal for breakfast...I'm in rare form :D I wish it would be this chilly more often so I could stay home and cook more. I'll be working on my debt totals this evening as well as listing a bit. Happy Monday!
Sunday, January 5, 2014
Relaxing Sunday....reading my favorite blogs. Also joining all the Sunday night fun hosted by Carla !
- Reading: Bridget Jones' Diary - LOVE the movie and Mr. Man gave me the book for Christmas :)
- Listening to: The wind blowing - cold front came through, currently 46F
- Watching: Two and a half Men (slim pickings when you don't have cable)
- Cooking/Baking: Made breakfast and that's about it :D
- Happy you accomplished this week: Made arrangements to up payments for a school loan
- Looking forward to next week: Organizing!
- Thankful for today: Being able to stay home with my family
- Bonus Question: Does anyone watch Downton Abbey? Love it and so happy the new season has started!