It’s been 1 yr and 7 months....

Wow...how quickly time passes. It’s been about 1 year and 7 months since my last post. Let’s see..Dad is no longer in the hospital. He got out in November of 2017. He made another appearance in March of 2018. And has been home ever since not counting a day or two hospital stay. He is completely dependent on my sister and I. We rotate shifts caring for him. My brothers come and help on the weekends. It has not been easy caring for him and trying to take care of our families. We wish it would be easier but this is what God has given us and we are trying to handle it as best we can.

It seems all my time has been swallowed up by Dad. I am in a much better place when it comes to caring for him. Obviously, my absence from here was due to my struggles to take care of it all. I can say now it’s still difficult but we’re managing. Dad requires 24 hour supervision and total care so free time is nonexistent.

Thankfully, Mr. Man and the kiddos are doing good. I’m trying to hang in there and not get too down because it is very easy to fall into a hole of despair when  caring for someone who is in their last years, months or days. It’s unpredictable.

So as you can imagine self care has been a challenge. Fast forward to yesterday. Went to see my cardiologist who kept telling me I am too young to be worrying about heart problems. After examining me and administering a stress test, he said all looked good. BUT....yep there’s always a catch...he wants to see me in 6 months. And the first thing he will look at is my weight! So I have got 180 days to get myself together. All these years I’ve known what I need to do but kept putting it off. During my Blogger break, I went on a nutritional program. It wasn’t for me. I tried but after a year I realized it wasn’t sustainable. So now, I have 180 days to get on track and improve my health. So I figured I’d try to post and keep myself accountable.

My first week has been about getting into better habits. Habits that I had previously but fell to the wayside once I became super stressed with caring for Dad. So its been a bit easier day by day. Resisting temptation of fast food 2-3 times a day to save time has been the hardest. My time at home is minimal so rather than being stuck in the kitchen for hours cooking and cleaning, I would go through the drive thru. Like I said before, I'm very aware of what I need to work on. LOL!

Hopefully in a week I will check in and ramble on some more! I hope each one of you has a great weekend :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life, Dad update and America 2021

The Ups and Downs of 2020

Life changes due to the Corona Virus pandemic