Remembering Mom...

My Mom passed a week ago.  I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that she is no longer physically here.  I know she is with me in spirit but I miss talking to her, seeing her and hugging her.  This past week has been a huge week of reflection.  We all are trying to remember every thing she ever told us.  I guess in an attempt to hold on to her a little longer.  And in those reflections, I remembered all the things she told me about saving, spending and living.  I wish I would have listened to her more but I guess we sometimes have to learn the hard way.  The first thing she taught me is always have insurance.  She would pay a small insurance policy every month.  She had said so that when her time would come we would not have to worry about her funeral.  It did help tremendously and although we did all incur some costs, her insurance made the financial load a little lighter.  For that I am thankful. The second thing she taught us was, always put a few dollars away for a rainy day.  She had a habit of tucking away a  few dollars here and there.  Just enough to buy herself a little something if she felt like it. We use to laugh with her because she would sometimes forget where she put her money. The third thing was how best to live our lives.  She always said to live a good life helping those who may need your help.  She was a big giver...almost to a fault.  She never wanted anything in return.  Her reward was seeing others happy. That is what endeared so many to her. Now this is just a sliver of what she taught us but I think it describes her pretty well.  Which is, take care of those you love the most, enjoy the little things in life and give from the heart.  I will try my hardest to make her proud. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life, Dad update and America 2021

The Ups and Downs of 2020

Life changes due to the Corona Virus pandemic