Friday, Listia and figuring it out!

Yay for Fridays!  Its a bit bittersweet since kids will be going back to school on Monday.  I LOVE having them home and miss them when they are at school. Luckily, I have plenty to keep me busy.  My new obsession is Listia.  As a loyal Ebayer, I was hesitant to even take a look.  I would describe it as a cross between Freecycle and Ebay.  No fuss with money (if you do free shipping) and a laid back trading atmosphere.  So far I love it!  Of course, I'm still listing on Ebay to make extra moola. And I need to make lots of it to help Mr. Man pay down our debt.

Soooo...I haven't really mentioned how its going with the money jars.  Its pretty much at a standstill. We have been withdrawing anything we don't need for the week out of the account and putting it in a second account Mr. Man has had for a while.  He really never used it and figured it was out of sight...out of mind.  I have to say its working.  We are cooking soooo much more and trying to find free things to do to entertain ourselves.  I do have the jars above my desk and they are a reminder of what our priorites are. I'm a little sad it didn't work for us but I think the concept has done wonders for how we look at our monthly expenses. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life, Dad update and America 2021

The Ups and Downs of 2020

Life changes due to the Corona Virus pandemic