Tax Time....time to pay off medical debt!


So its tax time and while acquaintances are planning their next big purchases with their tax refund...I am planning on paying some medical debt.  I'm  actually looking forward to it and hope to not carryover any next year.  A portion of our refund is also going in our emergency fund.  The old me would have wanted to go on a spending spree and then worry about bills but I know that the only way to get where we want to be is to pay, pay, pay off our debts.

I am still in the process of decluttering and find it hard at times because I thought I didn't have any attachments to stuff but I kind of do.  So half the battle is letting stuff go....thankfully I'm not talking about
piles and boxes of things.  Its more like counter clutter and the kiddos old schoolwork...do we really need to keep every single vocabulary test? 

On the spending front....I'm doing better on not eating out with the kids and cooking dinner at home.  What I need to work on is planning my gift buying.  Our family is big on birthdays!  I have 7 brothers and sisters and countless nieces and nephews so at least once a month a birthday present is needed.  Of course, if I'm not prepared I do the mad dash to the store for a gift card which in the long run is more expensive.  So, I am going to try and work on that.

Off to crunch some numbers! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life, Dad update and America 2021

The Ups and Downs of 2020

Life changes due to the Corona Virus pandemic