Just Enough To Get By...

Growing up, my parents had just enough to get by.  Being the last in a large family was different financially for me. My father was forced into early retirement due to a near fatal accident which ruined my parents' finances.  They actually were good about saving even with such a large family. Unfortunately, their savings account quickly dwindled down to nothing as my siblings began to graduate then marry.  So when it came to my sister and I, money was tight...very tight.  We never had a lot of extras but there was always food on the table.  I think it set the stage for the way I viewed money.  I assumed, as long as I had enough to get by, that I was doing okay.  It has proven a hard, hard habit to break.  Last year, we were able to pay off a loan and a credit card.  It felt absolutely great to know we had done it.  This year I have a larger undertaking. As  long as the mister and I stay focused, the goal I have set is very possible.  I just have to keep reminding myself that I want to be more than just okay.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life, Dad update and America 2021

The Ups and Downs of 2020

Life changes due to the Corona Virus pandemic