Sunday, November 4, 2012

A sick kiddo and slacker Sunday!

Kiddo2 has been sick all weekend :(  Yucky cough and light fever.  Thankfully, it seems to be calming down a bit so we will see what tomorrow brings. 

Today was spent doing a little picking up, packing off some stuff for Ebay and some listing. It was a pretty relaxing day.  No dinner to make as I am TIRED and well I don't want to cook. So we will just eat whatever is in the fridge.  After reading a couple of my favorite blogs, Frugal Queen and Out My Window, I feel like such a huge slacker!  I imagine myself baking and cooking in the kitchen but somehow I don't ever get motivated enough to stay in there more than an hour at the most! One day, I aim to make them proud :)  Unfortunately, that day is not today. To my credit, I did go to the grocery store to get the kiddos some lunch items.  This school year both kiddos are taking their lunch to school and it helps our budget tremendously.  Not to mention, what they eat is way healthier.  Although, you can't tell from Kiddo1's lunch on Friday.  Talk about no color!  lol. 


I was trying to keep the sandwich together and put in all those flag picks...Kiddo1 had a good laugh.
Last year, lunch was running Kiddo1 an average of  $2.30 a day or $11.50 a week.  Now its about 50 cents to a dollar a day. Every bit saved helps. 

Mr. Man also called his little brother in NYC.  He was happy to hear that all was well with him. He didn't go long without power and has been going to work.  Its crazy how people only miles apart are dealing with the storm in radically different ways.

Tomorrow, will be spent organizing and purging.  There is stuff that I still cannot let go of and just need to stuff in a bag and donate. 

Lastly, I am happy to report that debt totals have been updated and the number went down and not up.  We still are at more than we started this year but that's due to Mr. Man's used truck purchase. I hope by my next update we will have eliminated one card...we are still deciding which one we can pay off but it will be at least one.  Yippee :)

Have a great week everyone!

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Hey, I ran across your blog somewhere/somehow. I love that lunch box with the subdivisions. Where did you get that?

QandADebt said...

I found it at Big Lots a couple years back. Comes with a plastic fork and knife compartment on top. I have seen them there once or twice since. Next time I'm there I will definitely see if they have any :)

QandADebt said...

Lauren,

I actually found an auction for two just like it on Ebay. Here's the link :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Two-Plastic-Lunch-Containers-Great-for-Work-or-School-/260840073678?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cbb47a9ce

Lauren said...

Oh wow! Awesome! Thanks so much :)