Sunday, October 7, 2012

The Week Ahead...

Preparing for the week ahead.  I dread Mondays!  This week should be interesting.  One of the kiddos is taking a swimming course through school this week and well I'm a nervous. wreck.  I plan on being at the pool everyday just to keep an eye on the kiddo. I also have scheduled my surgery for later this month.  I've dropped a total of 8 pounds in the last 10 days.  I anticipate another 5-10 before surgery.  I have been watching what I eat as to not bring on a gall bladder attack and "knock wood" its been working so far.  I've cooked at home 9 out of 10 days. I'm shooting for 13 days out of the next 15. The kiddos are eating foods they wouldn't have even looked at before. I am following FRUGAL QUEEN'S lead and taking stock of my fridge and cabinets to see what I can use and minimize my shopping list. 

The weather is FINALLY cooling down here.  Tonight we are in the 60's which is sooo nice!  I love the cool weather :)  This past Saturday I went to a couple of garage sales.  I was so happy I did. I found two brand new in the box TV antennas for $7.50.  I set one up in Kiddo2's room.  By Kiddo2's reaction you would have thought K2 won the lottery!  It was only a few months ago that we had more channels than we knew what to do with.  Funny how it has worked out for the best.  I also found a Dallas Cowboys sheet set and comforter for $6 :)  Put it through the wash and once out it quickly made its way to its new home!

I also found a few other items for Ebay and already have turned a nice profit! I drive by the mall and lately have had no desire to go in. I keep thinking I can spend that money much more wisely and am really trying to. 

Wishing everyone a great week !

No comments: